Fun Facts About Washington Borough, NJ
Washington Borough, NJ, was founded in 1868 after being purchased from Native Americans in 1713. This lively little city continues to delight the people who call it home as well as visitors to New Jersey. Much of its history has been preserved, and you can even take a peek at the outer foundation of the old Washington Trust Company bank vault that was built in 1926.
Dining Out for Father’s Day
The area around Washington Borough has some great places to take Dad for a either a casual or a formal meal for Father’s Day. From diners to elegant restaurants, you can either find it in Washington proper or close by.
• For a mix of old world and modern hip, visit Andrea’s Dining room in Long Valley. The menu has a variety of meals to satisfy your palate, and the staff is friendly and accommodating.
• If Mexican food is Dad’s favorite, be sure to visit Juanitos. The food is fresh, and portions and prices are great. The atmosphere is unique, fun, and colorful.
• Treat the special man in your life with an elegant dinner at Mediterranean Bistro. With holiday specials and a diverse European cuisine, you can be sure that your Father’s Day celebration will be a memorable one.
• Everyone loves pizza and sometimes, even on special occasions, a good pizza place is what you want. Cornerstone Tavern and Grill serves up wonderful pizzas and can accommodate large groups. Specialty drinks and decadent desserts will add to the Father’s Day fun.
• Does your special man enjoy a good walk or hike or does he like to bike? There are numerous trails around Washington Borough, including the Buckwha Creek Trail, South Bethlehem Greenway, and Nor-Bath Trail. You can find hiking and walking paths for every skill level and length.
• If your guy enjoys art, make sure you visit The 5 East Art Gallery. There will be a mixed media display by artist Mike Brennan throughout the month of June and a special reception on Thursday, June 18 from 6 to 9 pm.
• For the watercolor enthusiast, you can enjoy the Musconetcong Watercolor Group exhibit from Sunday, June 14 through Sunday, June 21 at the Washington Township Public Library.
• Taking Dad to a musical event during Father’s Day week is also an option, and there are several offerings to choose from, including Johnny Campbell & The Bluegrass Drifters and Clambake.
Whatever activity you choose to do for Father’s Day in Washington Borough, NJ, you’ll create a memory that will last forever.