The all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt’s contemporary passenger environment is designed to be fresh and inviting, with intuitive technology interfaces and attention to detail conveying an upscale ambience.
“The 2016 Volt maintains the high-tech interior design aesthetic of the first-generation Volt, but has more user-friendly elements creating an inviting balance between ambiance and functionality,” said Crystal Windham, Chevrolet Interior Design director. “The new interior will appeal to existing owners, but also to those who will be new to the Volt family because of its integrated, yet familiar technology.”
Like the exterior, the Volt’s cabin flows with sculpted cues, visual jewelry and a greater emphasis on form. The instrument panel, for example, flows into the door panels, while the center portion of the instrument panel flows almost seamlessly into a more ergonomic center console.
New colors, blue ambient lighting and softer materials surround occupants and enhanced acoustic performance provides a quieter and refined environment.
Additional customer comfort and convenience features include:
- Standard rear-vision camera
- Enhanced charge status indicators – including a light on top of the instrument panel that can be viewed at a glance from outside the vehicle
- Center armrest that is longer and higher than the current model
- New storage bin in the front console
- Available heated rear seats
- Available heated steering wheel
- Available wireless smartphone charging
The Volt retains its signature dual digital color displays, with larger, eight-inch-diagonal screens – one in front of the driver for the instrument cluster and driver information center, and the other in the center of the instrument panel that controls the Chevrolet MyLink system and other apps.
The center stack is simple and intuitive, projecting approximately one-third fewer icons, and offering separate climate control knobs. Buttons below the center display offer a clear and convenient operation. Most of the features can be controlled with a single rotary knob and four buttons.
Returning technologies and new amenities include:
- OnStar 4G LTE with three years of service and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (with a three-month/three gigabyte data trial)
- Siri Eyes Free and text message alerts (requires compatible iPhone)
- Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Automatic climate control
- Keyless access and ignition
- Auxiliary 12-volt power outlets and dual USB ports
- Remote start
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Premium cloth seats and available leather-appointed seating
- Available Navigation and Bose® premium audio
- Heated driver and front passenger cloth seats
- Available safety awareness includes front and rear park assist, forward collision alert and lane-departure warning
Seating and trim
A new bench seat design in the rear provides seating for up to three passengers. When the middle seat is not in use, the outboard rear-seat passengers can fold down an armrest.
The standard cloth seats feature a distinctive hexagonal pattern that blends a high-tech appearance with natural biometrics, similar to the pattern at the center of a sunflower. Lighter, natural color tones complement the seats and reinforce the cabin’s warmth.
The available leather-appointed seating features a Volt-exclusive, warm brandy color with jet black accents.
The upscale look and feel of the Volt is reinforced with three interior color choices: jet black, light and dark ash gray and jet black and brandy.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive & active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.